Sunday 7 December 2008

Introduction

Okay I have been bitten by the Magnolia bug. I find these some of the cutest stamps I have seen lately and I am in awe with the cards people are producing to show off these beautiful images. So I figure I would start a card and crafts blog since I have a food and gardening blog along with my main blog. So here it is... my blog for showing off my cards. I have been probably making cards now for about 20 years. And crafting for at least 30 some odd years since my grandmother taught me how to sew and crochet.


This card I made for a friend for Christmas. I used lots of stuff from my stash (I have a whole room of it!!!) I took card stock and made a square card then covered it in a patterned paper and then glued on two flower corner pieces that I cute out using my Cuttlebug from the same cardstock as the card. I also cut backing pieces for the embossed snowflake rectangle and the Wizard Nestabilities Scalloped Circle. I then cut out a plain circle from patterned paper to go inside the scalloped circle and a rectangle from white card which I embossed with the snowflake folder with the Cuttlebug. The Magnolia stamp I stamped onto white card and then painted her with water colours using my water colour crayons. I added two brads to the rectangle and then layered it all together. And added on the Season's Greetings embellishment.
I used a sketch for this one from one of the lovely ladies whose blog I read. I will endeavor to do better at giving credit in the future posts and also hopefully more details on materials used.

Again this one I cut a square card and then layered it with different Christmas themed papers from my stash. I also added peel offs around the center square and the sentiment. I just love this Santa and he paints up beautifully. On the papers I inked the edges of the large square and the smaller rectangle. I also found that the Santa was too bright looking so I took some tan coloured chalks and rubbed over him to make him a bit more blended looking. This one I used my own sketch for layering up. I did play around with different shapes before settling on this one for him.
Anyway I hope you all enjoy my first cards here on my new blog and hopefully more to come in the near future.

No comments: